This adventure will run from June 22 through the middle of September, 2022. This is some basic information about the when and where of our travels.
There will be several phases of this trip, mostly of the camping persuasion.
- We will join Bill’s siblings and their spouses for a week, an annual tradition, this year in a rental house in Narragansett, RI.
- Then we’ll work our way north toward the north end of Nova Scotia’s Cape Breton Island. We’ll make lots of stops along the way including Hingham and Marblehead, MA, Mt Washington, NH, Acadia NP and Eastport, ME, Bay of Fundy NP, NB, and a couple of stops in Nova Scotia on our way to North Sidney at Cape Breton’s northern end.
- There we’ll join a camper caravan for a 32 day tour of Newfoundland ending with a few stops southbound in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.
- On our own, again, we’ll make a couple of stops on our way to Cape Cod.
- On Cape Cod, we’ll join Janice & Kevin Henry and family for several days of their annual week in a rental home in that wonderful area.
- Finally, we’ll wander home, itinerary undetermined as of our departure.
We are calling the trip “Yanks, Bluenoses & Newfies”. We originally planned this trip for a couple of years ago but the COVID pandemic got in the way. In the meantime, I transferred our website to a more modern system that will make it much easier to navigate and read on phones. We’ll maintain this travelogue on the website, including our usual combination of text and photos.
We sold our Tin Tent Aliner, used in previous camping adventures, to a friend a couple of years ago. In its place we acquired a 22 ft travel trailer, a used 2018 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2106DS. It’s very, shall I say, RED! We were very deliberate about the floorplan and amenities of the unit. Our experience over a number of camping trips during the COVID pandemic proved our choice to be a good one.
We hope you enjoy the ride as much as we expect to!